Do I need a visa?
All foreign nationals entering India are required to possess a valid international travel document in the form of a national passport with a valid visa from an Indian Mission/Post or eVisa (Limited Categories) from Bureau of Immigration, Ministry of Home Affairs.
We recommend all participants that require a visa to travel to India, to apply for a Conference visa. If an individual who is not attending the conference plans to accompany you, they will likely need an Indian Tourist visa.
For more details about Indian visas, please visit https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/.
Application process for Visa
The process for obtaining an Indian conference visa would be as follows:
- International registrants are to fill out this Google Form. It collects details essential for the conference organisers to obtain clearance from the Government of India. If anyone is unable to access the form, kindly email email@example.com at the earliest.
- We strongly suggest you apply for a Conference visa by visiting https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/ only when you have the following documents:
- Conference invitation letter: You will receive this via email as soon as you register for the conference.
- MEA clearance letter: It is expected that we will receive this letter from the Ministry of External Affairs by 15 October 2023. It will be emailed to everyone who filled the Google form and has registered.
- MHA clearance letter: We expect to have this letter ready by 1 October 2023. It will be emailed to everyone who filled the Google form and has registered.
You can find more details about the visa application process, as well as how to submit the application, on the website of Indian consulate in your country. Website links to the Indian Embassies of various countries can be found here.
For any further queries, kindly contact the organisers at firstname.lastname@example.org.